My approach to supervision is one of mutual respect and equality; I believe that my role as your supervisor is to provide the best environment possible in which you can reflect upon your client work and on you as a practitioner – free from judgement or ‘superiority complex’, instead fuelled by compassion, healthy challenge and most of all a commitment to supporting your professional growth and development.
I hold a post-qualifying certificate in supervision of individuals and groups, offering integrative supervision based on Hawkins and Sohet’s Seven Eyed Model.
As the current clinical lead for a youth counselling service alongside my private practice, I am particularly experienced in supervising counselling work with young people in school or agency settings along with supervising traditional adult-focussed work.
My experience as a supervisor includes:
- Supporting trainee counsellors to develop their emerging skills
- Working with newly-qualified counsellors to ‘find their feet’ in the field, whether through setting up a private practice or by transitioning to new placements/areas of work
- Encouraging qualified counsellors as they apply for accreditation, consolidate their skills or move towards specialisation in the field
You can find out more about my background by clicking here.
SUPERVISION SESSION INFORMATION
- Sessions can be held either in central Basingstoke or online e.g. via Skype (or a combination of both)
- Supervision is offered on a flexible basis to suit supervisee need, sessions can be arranged weekly, fortnightly or monthly and on an hourly or 1.5 hour basis
- Fee concessions are available to trainees, please contact me for further details.